Saturday, 30 July 2022

Mind your Business or Not

She has 5 kids.
Her husband married a second wife.
2nd wife had 3 kids.
8 kids in total.
They live in one room.

Husband is an iron-blender and seems to disappear with some cut rods everytime he comes to site.

It's obvious they need some help with finances, so he is picking things here and there.

I like her a lot.
She is always cheerful.

So I invite her to the house.
Ask her what business she would like to do so I help set her up.

She thanks me so much for thinking about her.

Says her husband wouldn't want her to do any business and she would like to respect his wishes.

I thanked her too for honoring my invitation.

She leaves.

I have boiled some very fresh corn.

I will put my leg on the table and chop it very well with coconut and Netflix.

Chioma, learn to mind ya business.

Thank you.

#chiomaifeanyieze

FROM THE COMMENTS:

If we all mind our business, the world would be h.ell and posterity will be unkind to us.

Chioma Ifeanyi-Eze you did the right thing. I am sure you feel peace that you attempted to help, if you did not reach out, you would be troubled and if something negative happens due to their financial deficiencies, you will blame your self.

I think the lesson here is some people are poor, because of the poor choice they made, and not because they don’t have available resources. You are an excellent resource to her.

Another lesson is that people are comfortable in their lack, they are complacent.

Then again, this story reminds me that you can’t help someone that doesn’t want to be helped.

Please keep reaching out. Never be weary. ❤️

©Chibuzor Mirian
____________________________

Nope Chioma , don't mind ya business!🙏

This is not a lesson to mind your business. It's to accept that you cannot save everyone you offer help to.

Keep offering help as providence allows you to, and be comfortable enough to accept that some people will never participate in their own rescue.

We need MORE powerful people with kind hearts like you in places that matter - not less.

© Broda Dapo

Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search